South Acton station construction started in spring 2013 and will continue through fall 2015. Expecting the completion of the inbound and outbound side of the station in autumn 2015.
- Prepare construction support areas and temporary facilities, clear the site, and relocate & reconstruct impacted utilities. Some spaces lost in the main parking lot.
- Begin construction of the inbound platform. Temporary platform remains in operation -- no station access from Maple Street.
- Construct Martin & eastern Central Street grade crossings.
- (Construction delay caused by a subcontractor.)
- Portions Railroad Street lot closed. Finish inbound platform. Begin construction of station houses, pedestrian bridge, outboud platform and second track.
- Complete inbound and outbound station houses, including main entrance to inbound platform via overhead bridge, stairs, and elevators.
- Complete access from Maple Street. Open Maple Street entrance.
- Remove temporary platform. Construct new second track.
- Complete access to output platform. Perform all systems testing.
- Remove all construction related measures and restore all staging and other disturbed areas. Parking restored to full capacity.